So, you have decided to learn a guitar, great. But do you know, purchasing your first guitar can be a daunting task. There are two basic things important to remember, the first is a type of guitar like electric or acoustic and the second is your budget. Keep these things in your mind when you go to a store with someone who knows about guitar.
Sometimes people take time of various months to find out the perfect guitar that suits their taste. It is a process that every novice goes through. Your taste changes with the time. By neglecting some essential steps, you may have chosen a guitar that is boring or hard to play. Resulting in dissatisfaction and lose interest in learning a guitar.
1. Consider your choice: As you know there are two types of guitar available, the first is acoustic and the second is an electric guitar. An acoustic guitar is used to produce sound acoustically. There are two sub categories of an acoustic guitar such as nylon stringed classical guitar and steel stringed classical guitar. These two types of guitar, produce a total different tone from each other.
Holding down an electric guitar is easy and it transforms the vibration to its strings into electronic impulses. There are literally various electronic guitars, so, it is a little bit difficult to choose the right one.
2. Consider your budget: Every person tries to buy the best guitar at the first time. But don’t throw all your saving at the guitar. If you like an electronic guitar, you have to buy the amplifier with it, which is not good for you if you have limited budget. If you don’t have ample money, acoustically is a good option for you. But don’t go too cheap.
3. Consider buying used or a new one: If you have a tight budget, check some websites who sell second hand guitars like Craigslist and eBay. If you are not interested to buy a guitar online, you can visit a store and ask them for used or second hand guitars. Make sure before purchasing you play some guitars. If you are not able to play, you can bring someone with you who does know how to play.
4. Accessories you will need, other than the guitar: Do you know when you purchase a guitar, you will get plenty of guitar accessories. This accessory included electric tuner, capo, guitar stand, string cleaner or string wipes, string clutter/winder, extra picks, gig bag and metronome. You don’t need to buy everything. Here are some important things that you need – guitar stand, picks, electric tuner, gig bag and capo.
5. Tryout: Don’t buy the guitar from the first shop. Roaming around and go to different shops. Try as many guitars as you can and feel the difference. Don’t make your decision immediately in excitement. Visit at least two or three shops and then make your decision.
So there you have all the important facts that you need to keep in mind when you are thinking about to purchase your first guitar. If you consider all these points before purchasing, you have a really good starting point. Still, if you have any doubt or question, you can contact us.GTA Music School in Mississauga will help you to buy a new guitar.